Think Company (Formerly Think Brownstone) (Conshohocken, PA)
April 2015 - Present
Think Company is a premier User Experience Design consultancy with offices in Conshohocken and Philadelphia, PA. I currently work full time on a wide range of projects with my role primarily focused on the following:
- Interaction Design, Wireframing & prototyping
- Quantitative and qualitative user research, analysis and design strategy
- Information architecture, taxonomies, application mapping
UX & Visual Designer
Tucker Fiscus, LLC (Berwyn, PA)
December 2014 - March 2015
Tucker Fiscus is an app design agency based in Berwyn, PA founded by two long-time designers, Will Tucker & John Fiscus. I collaborated directly with both of them to help them manage a large influx of new work.
- Produced wireframes and visual designs and prototypes for a marketing website in Illustrator, Photoshop & Invision.
- Created visual designs in Photoshop for a surgical procedure management app.
- Worked with UX Director to maintain Axure wireframes for a financial company
- Developed visual designs and wireframes for a letter printing services app
- Customized agency's Axure widget library to incorporate company branding
UX Design Freelancing
Spective Studio (Philadelphia, PA)
November 2014 - Present
- Built wireframes and visual designs for a sales presentation website designed for use on an iPad.
- Produced visual & UI design concepts for a fitness club management portal
A+ Pain Management
A+ Pain Management is a Northeast Philadelphia clinic that treats patients who suffer from chronic pain or addiction.
- Built a Squarespace-powered informational site that allows patients to schedule appointments and view medication and treatment info.
- Conducted user research and stakeholder meetings to gather data on the nature of the industry & business. This research allowed me to better define site requirements. For example, since the clinic often deals with low-income patients who only regularly access the internet through their phones, a mobile responsive site was a must.
- Trained clinic staff on using Squarespace's content management system to ensure that the clinic could continue making updates as needed without relying on a designer or developer.
GreatSpaces Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
July 2011 - September 2014
GreatSpaces is a start-up company that helps to match people who need event space with venue owners throughout the city through a peer-to-peer online marketplace. I designed the website and experience from the earliest research and sketches up to the current iteration of the site through. During my 3 years with this start-up, I worked in many facets of UX design and web development.
User Research & Information Architecture
We conducted user research throughout the early requirements phase and periodically during design and testing phases to validate our designs and our user's needs. Our methods included the following:
- Surveys and phone interviews of potential users
- Usability Testing & Contextual Inquiry of potential renters and venue managers
- Generating Use Cases, Personas & Scenarios based on research to use as guidelines in later designs
- Conduct periodic competitive analyses with similar websites in our industry
Because of my background in writing, I was the go-to copywriter for the team.
- Wrote copy for About pages, FAQ's, system messages and other key UI elements.
- Created content for marketing materials, transaction emails and customer service.
Throughout the early conceptual phase and the later iterations of the website, I was a key member of the in-house design team, working closely with our overseas development team. In later design cycles, my duties also included various product management responsibilities.
- Developed conceptual diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Worked with development team on quality assurance, debugging and release of new iterations in an agile environment
- Used research to determine which features to add or change in in later iterations
- Incorporated user & stakeholder feedback to map out the long-term direction of the product
As a key stakeholder, I worked with the founders to recruit interns and supervised the GreatSpaces team.
- Worked with company founders to interview and recruit interns
- Wrote employment contracts and maintained payroll records
- Supervised team members & provided mentoring for interns
Tech & Web Consulting
A to Z Exotic Hardwoods LLC (Philadelphia, PA)
July 2013 - Present
A to Z Exotic Hardwoods is a boutique hardwood flooring company that specializes in sustainably sourced FSC-Certified hardwood species from around the globe. My role was to work closely with the owner of the company to handle all technology concerns ranging from copywriting, content strategy and IT tech support.
- Wrote and designed copy for signage, print materials, fliers and web content
- Maintained company database & inventory
- Updated wood species database and created product descriptions based on research
Content Audits & Inventories
Personas & Scenarios
User Stories & Use Cases
Sketching & Drawing
Wireframe & Mockup Creation
Software & Languages
College of Arts & Sciences
International Area Studies
Bachelor of Arts - December 2012
Minors in Architecture and Japanese